Global Head of Operations
Joel has over two decades of experience in market research with most of that time spent with project management, operations and business transformation, having done respondent recruitment and moderation prior to this. Joel cares deeply about not wasting time, about the right people doing the right things and ultimately that we can work the way we live – in a fast paced, dynamic, multi-cultural world that’s powered by technology.
People describe Joel as collaborative, efficient and fun.
It is this outlook that made Joel move towards a career in operational roles and that has made him successful as a transformational leader in businesses.
Intrinsically linked to how we can be the best people at work is Diversity, Inclusion and Equity and this is another one of his passions. Not all efficiencies come from technological advancements; if we feel valued for who we are, supported by our team and comfortable at work, we perform better.
Apart from his role at Day One Joel is also Deputy Chair of the D,E&I committee at BHBIA.
- Helped build an award winning PM function
- Has increased profit margins through efficiencies, automation and partnerships in consecutive roles/companies
- Has led successful off-shoring initiatives
- Written and co-written two highly commended entries at MRS Ops
- Was trained and worked as internal coach in his previous company
- Supported launch, management and growth of employee networks
- Set up and launched a corporate sustainability partnership
Roles and qualifications
- Global Head of Operations at Day One Strategy, having previously held roles as Business Transformation Director as well as Co-Chair of Belong (Inclusion & Diversity Programme) at Ipsos, Operations Director at Hall & Partners Europe Ltd and UK Health Operations Director at Hall & Partners Europe Ltd along with various roles at The Planning Shop International, Synovate, and British Red Cross.
- MA in Geography from Kings College, London and a 2:1 degree in Sociology from London Metropolitan University.